Sunday, July 26, 2009

President Obama TELLS KIDS TO NOT INSPIRE TO BE "LIL WAYNE OR LEBRON" !

President Barack Obama !! Still can't believe a black man is President of the United States! It's crazy I would've never thought a black man would be president. I guess you can say it never came across my mind. Which sounds so unbelievable now, because you can be anything you want to be. Obama proved that to me! He's not my favorite president because he's black that is one reason but the main reason he is my favorite is because when he speaks it's like he's speaking to me! I understand what he's saying. Obama has a way of speaking to not only a black girl in Grand Prairie Texas like myself but to a white girl in Kentucky or a kid in Africa. He speaks to where everyone can relate he doesn't see colors of skin he only sees Americans. It's refreshing to hear Obama tell kids to NOT want to be the next lil' wayne or lebron James! Every kid wants to go to the NBA my cousin Aaron shared that dream like every other kid. Things aren't that simple. Reality is... kids like my cousin won't make it to the NBA. Lil' Wayne has all the hot songs he sold a million records in one week!! That's impressive but chances are kids like me and my cousin won't be rappers or singers. Obama reaches out to kids in America. He cares about US and wants us to succeed in life. Obama expresses in his speech to inspire to be scientist and doctors to take part of something that could possibly change the world!
This is my last year in high school I graduate in the fall of 2010 and I'm certainly thinking of my future and all my career options! I'm so grateful to have parents that tell me "failure isn't an option" and push me to be and do the best. I'm unsure what I want to do in life. Dentist? Lawyer? Entrepreneur ? One thing I'm sure of is I WILL BE SUCCESSFUL. Im so determined and driven to make my parents, my president, and myself proud .
So excited on what my future holds and what God has in store for me!

1 comment: